Place and Date
The XV Madrid GO Tournament is open to everyone. It will be held the 5th and 6th of May 2012. It is valid to qualify for the Spanish Championship and for the Korea Prime Minister Cup.
It will take place in the Nam-Ban Club facilities: Círculo Catalán de Madrid, Plaza de España, 6. Madrid 28008, Spain (+34915416090): see map
In collaboration with Asociación Española de Go (AEGO) - http://www.aego.biz
- Mc-Mahon system, 5 rounds.
- Japanese rules (see rules)
- 60 minutes per player per round, plus Canadian byoyomi (20 stones in 5 minutes). With digital clocks, players will have 3 byoyomi periods of 20 seconds.
- 6.5 komi
The XV Madrid Go tournament qualifies for the Spanish Championship and the Korea Prime Minister Cup. It is open to all Go levels and to all nationalities.
|Until March 5th||Until May 5th||On May 5th|
|AEGO member / non-Spanish residents||15||20||30|
|Nam-Ban GO club member||13||18||28|
Under 15 kyu
All players must pay before the due date in order to get the discount. Payment can be made by bank transfer or Paypal.
- Current account: # 2100 0600 87 0202142843 , bank 'La Caixa', holder 'Club de Go Nam-Ban del Círculo Catalán de Madrid', item 'TM' plus the name of the player.
- Paypal account:
Please, fill in this form in order to pre-register.
Remember you have to be at the playing premises the day the tournament starts in order to participate.
Saturday, May 5th
- 09:30 - 10:30 h: Registration/sign-in
- 10:30 - 11:00 h: Pairing
- 11:00 - 13:30 h: First round
- 13:30 - 16:00 h: Lunch break
- 16:00 - 18:30 h: Second round
- 18:30 - 21:00 h: Third round
Sunday, May 6th
- 09:30 - 12:00 h: Fourth round
- 12:00 - 14:30 h: Fifth round
- 14:30 h: Awarding ceremony and aperitif
- Tournament winner: 500
- Second best: 300
- Third best: 150
- Best Spanish player: Spanish representant for the Korea Prime Minister Cup (KPMC)
- AEGO prize: Draw for AEGO members of a free registration in the next AEGO tournament
- Books and other prizes for players with best results
** Prizes are not cumulative and only players who play all rounds are eligible. **
Attendance at the tournament involves the transfer of rights of image to Go Club Nam-Ban for a possible public communication by Internet of photographs taken at the event.
There are plenty of options for different prices, recommending the city center (Callao, Sol, Plaza España, Argüelles, full of hostels), only 1 - 4 tube stations away (line 3). For instance check:
Albergue Juvenil Marcenado
Calle de Santa Cruz de Marcenado, 28
Price: please ask.
- Double room with bathroom and TV - 42€
- Triple room with bathroom and TV - 57€
- Single room with bathroom - 38€
- Double room with bathroom - 48€
- Triple room with bathroom - 60€
Hostal Arti **
Gran Via 76 2º, Madrid
Area: City Center - Gran Vía
Price: aprox. 25€
Tlf: (+34)91 547 66 00, (+34)91 548 48 75
Hostal Hispano America ***
Gran Via 63 5ª piso, Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid
Area: City Center - Gran Vía
Price: aprox. 42€
Hotel Sofitel Plaza De España *****
Tutor 1, Madrid, 28008
Price: aprox. 100€
(+34)915419880 - (+34)915425736
Madrid Go Tournament could not exist without the help and sponshorhip of:
If you have any doubt, please contact